I’m now half way through the crosswords challenge and have started puzzle 22 today. I completed three puzzles this week, one of them I cried out for help on Twitter because there was a clue I just couldn’t get:
“American runners from Alaksa wearing cruel smiles (8)”.
I got that there would be AK (Alaska) in there somewhere but couldn’t put the rest of it together. The answer is “sneakers” – AK in cruel smiles (sneers) = American runners. I was thinking of runners in the sense of athletes, not in the sense of shoes.
Thank you Annie!
I have a long way to go. But I’m enjoying it. I’m especially enjoying wrestling with a clue and then going back to it a couple of days later and immediately seeing the answer.
I’m finding it a lot easier to pull out the crossword book when I have a spare moment or two than I do to pull out the sketch book and try to draw something. So I’m going to give my morning “learning” time back to drawing and use spare moments that crop up during the day to work on my crosswords.
What I learned this week:
- I need to get back into my evening routine and 10.00 bedtime.
- I read a fascinating book called Untrain Your Brain by Mike Weeks. One line that stood out for me in the book was: “Even when we seemingly lose all choice over what life presents it’s crucial to remember that our internal response is and always will be ours to choose.”
- Adélie is a species of penguin
- If I sleep in and miss my morning routine yoga/meditate/walk/draw/me-time, my day doesn’t go as smoothly as normal.
- When I’m cutting bread with a sharp knife, I shouldn’t take my eyes off what I’m doing (ouch).
And to round everything off, here’s my progress against my goals for this week:
Get a new yoga mat
- I looked but I’m not sure exactly what I want, so this is on hold for now.
Get as far as I can on at least 6 more crossword puzzles
- I’ve started four new puzzles and completed three (two of which I had already started).
Draw two faces
- I drew one face and several eyes.
- Completed and I did step 8 and started step 9.
Write a blog post on where I’m up to with the “clarity
Write a blog post on what I learned this week
Goals for this week:
- Listen to the Asian Efficiency Podcast on creating a manifesto and start to write these 5 documents.
- Make a start on the last three “easy peasy” crosswords in my crossword book.
- Write a blog post on where I’m up to with the “clarity” challenge (i.e. actually do it this week).
- Write a blog post on what I learned this week.