My 22 for 2022 list
My 22 for 2022 list is made up of actions I want to take the in three areas where I want to make progress in the first three months of 2022:
- supporting my body and mind
- engaging in meaningful work
Some of these spill over into the second three months but I’ll worry about them after the end of March. Actually, I’m not worrying about too much beyond next month (which at the time of writing this, end of January 2022, is February). Even though I’ve put some times against all of these things, the ones after February are very vague targets that I’ll review at the end of every month because I think some major things could change very quickly and completely mess up any tightly woven plans. So I only want to plan out a month at a time.
My plan is to write a post each week about the progress I made on the things I wanted to work on that week, but also to set out a plan for the next week that I can report back on at the end of the week.
I’m also working on putting new habits in place for these three areas, which I’m writing about here.
And just to spice things up, here’s a list of 22 (well, actually, eight at the moment) recipes I want to try out in 2022.
The list at January 2022
Supporting my body and mind
1. Complete the MindSpot Wellbeing program (20 February)
2. See a nutritionist (April)
3. Learn about food waste and make a menu plan that minimises waste (read Use It All and Simplicious Flow) (end of May—make this a habit)
4. Talk to my GP about a health issue I’m concerned about (April)
5. Sort out my kombucha supplies and start brewing it regularly (make this a habit) (end of March)
6. Grow something in the veggie bed I cleared out in 2021 (March)
7. Get a strength training program (make this a habit) (April)
8. Complete my TAFE course for work (24 June)
9. Manage a small project at work using the project management tools I learned on the course in January (end of June)
10. Read Deep Work and make a summary of key takeaways and actions (end of January)
11. Review the Priority Samurai course material and identify actions (end of February)
12. Building on things 10 and 11, make a handbook for deep work, managing distractions and prioritising rest (including trialing Cal Newport’s time blocking planner and making a new weekly review) (end of February)
13. Sort out my Todoist and get rid of all the outdated tasks (13 February)
14. Get a Strengthsfinder assessment (April)
15. Create a system for managing new information at work (end of April)
16. Complete the 30-day voice course (end of March)
17. Complete the 30-day writing bootcamp (February-March)
18. Complete the Australian Writers’ Centre Content Writing course (end of March)
19. Complete the Australian Writers’ Centre Profile Writing course (end of April)
20. Complete the Australian Writers’ Centre Romance Writing course (end of May)
21. Read the books in the 2022 Dymocks Reading Challenge (my 2022 reading list) (12 month goal)
22. Complete the Cosmic Calibration course and give feedback (end of February)